metamerist

Monday, October 11, 2004

Thoughts on the Digital Camera of the Future

Earlier I mentioned HDR. Today I was thinking of the issue of digital photo management; near zero costs have us all clicking our shutters like crazed monkeys, and that translates into organizational needs.

It would be nice, I thought, if GPS were used to tag the locations where pictures were taken. Of course, this time, I knew better than to think the idea might be an original one. Google verified that. I hope GPS in cameras becomes ubiquitous in the future.

With broad support, the coordinates supported in EXIF would be really nice for organizational purposes, Google images searches in the future would be quite incredible, one could sort images on the web by proximity to a specified location or even a trail of photos taken nearest a path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home