metamerist

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Saturday Morning I/O Burst

It's Saturday morning. Coffee. Couch. Laptop. And, I seem to be in the mood to post things to this blog.

Children keep me rather busy in the summer, but I've managed to catch up on movies a bit in the past couple weeks. We watched The Magdalene Sisters the other night. It's a film about four women relegated to a Magalene Asylum in 1960s Ireland. It's very good, but don't expect a film with "Walking on Sunshine" on the soundtrack. An apropos post-colonic title would be ": One Flew Over the Catholics' Nest."

Last night, it was Mad Hot Ballroom, a documentary about New York City school kids in a ballroom dance competition. It was good, worth seeing. There are plenty of scenes that would please fans of Kids Say the Darndest Things. Underdog Factor: check. Competition: check. Well done enough to make you clap during the finale: check. That said, if you find yourself at a video store some day trying to choose, I suggest watching Spellbound first.

In other documentary news, I'm looking forward to March of the Penguins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home