metamerist

Friday, July 01, 2005

Sparking Imaginations

How can we get kids more interested in science, math, computing? I see the question frequently asked in math and science blogs. This post is dedicated to a recent success on this front.

I picked up Electronic Snap Circuits for my son's 9th birthday.



It's an electronics kit with the simplicity of Legos. I got the 300-in-1 kit. It includes a speaker, a microphone, several capacitors, resistors, three ICs, a motor, photoresistor, some LEDs, etc. It's well made, and the kids are really having fun doing all of the projects.

I must say bravo to Elenco for a job well done! My only regret is not going for a more advanced version (fortunately I found some upgrade options on their site).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home