metamerist

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

WWF

Legendary advertising man David Ogilvy was one of the founders of the World Wildlife Fund. Over the years his agency, Ogilvy & Mather, has created a number of WWF ads including the classic "The Giant Panda needs your help to survive."

Ad Blather recently posted a couple of new Ogilvy & Mather WWF ads that are very well done.



Although I never came close to meeting David Ogilvy, he nearly talked my younger self into a career in advertising. This is a fact that left many of my computer science classmates scratching their heads, but somehow it made sense to me. My best subjects always were art and mathematics, so what appealed to me most was a vocation in which I could find an appealing convergence of things artistic and analytic. Achitecture was also under consideration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home