metamerist

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Now glad I didn't read Buckley

Finally made it to Thank You for Smoking. Short answer: I thought it rocked. A long time ago, friend of mine strongly recommended Christopher Buckley's book. Now, I no longer regret this particular failure to read, because those most critical of the film seem to be fans of the book who were left wanting. One of my favorite critics gave it 2 1/2 stars for this reason. Did it really fall that short of all the other witty, biting satires in theaters? C'mon, if you're going to give this film 2 1/2 stars, how are you going to leave room for Dukes of Hazzard, let alone Deuce Bigelow? Of course, given my love of good satire (boy, did they throw away the good stuff with Forrest Gump), I may have to read it. (Also saw Legally Blonde the other night. Short Answer: Did I ever tell you I thought Man in the Moon was a great film?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home