metamerist

Saturday, May 12, 2007

April Showers

Google has its downsides. In addition to doing a wonderful job of reminding me how unoriginal I am, now there's this...

I thought I'd search Google News for another Paris Hilton-is-going-to-jail link to cheer folks up and serve as a small glimmer of hope for pop culture and the future of humanity, but then I found this:

Governor Arnold too Busy to Help Paris Hilton (link).

There are so many things wrong already it's hard to continue, but I must, for things get worse. The source of the link is www.chinadaily.com.cn. In addition to reminding me just how unoriginal I am, Google is now reminding just me fast and far inanity spreads.

Even people in China are subjected to this?

It's supposed to be Communism OR Paris Hilton. You're not supposed to have deal with both. It's a basic socio-political truth... at least I thought it was.

How big a card does one need to buy to apologize to a billion people? I don't know, but I'm sure it's something much bigger than anything I can afford, so I'll just have to leave it at this:

Dear People of China:

Even though I do what I can to spare your eyes from "Governor Arnold too Busy to Help Paris Hilton," I still feel the need to apologize.

I'm very sorry.

- metamerist

And now we return to our regularly scheduled escape from pop culture in the naughties with the following clip. Before YouTube, I'd never seen a young Mel Torme in action. April Showers. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home