metamerist

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Regina Spektor



When it comes to pop culture, I have no qualms with being labeled "clueless," and I have little idea what's going on for the most part. When I was younger, things were easier to keep track of because it was a pleistocene era when Tiffanys and Debbie Gibsons were produced one-at-a-time. The entertainment companies didn't have the mass production capacities they appear to have now.

That said, I love music--music in almost every shape and form. From time to time I go on a music sampling rampage, a relentless quest for something I haven't heard, something new that I like. This week has been like that. In the past few days, I've sampled scores of artists that I've never heard before.

The new find for clueless me this week is Regina Spektor. I think she's great. Compositionally, lyrically, vocally, stylistically... very nice work. Check out the song Us off her latest disc Soviet Kitsch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home