metamerist

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Web Site Change Notifications via RSS

I started looking for a decent way to track web site changes today as there are many sites I'd like to track that don't offer RSS feeds. There are so many applications and web services that track site changes, but I'd really like something simple. What I'm thinking at this point is just a simple Win32 app that periodically checks pages with links saved in a subfolder of Favorites (say "Favorites\Tracked"), detects changes and posts notifications in the form of local RSS feeds that I can plug into my RSS reader. I like things that are simple and unobtrusive. If I can find a little time, I think I'll just do it myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that could be true.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Say, did this ever go anywhere? I'm looking for exactly the same thing...

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home