metamerist

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Beth Orton - The Comfort of Strangers



If I ever get around to creating a list of my ten favorite discs from the first half of the Naughties (still not sure what we call the 2000s), Beth Orton's Central Reservation is a shoe-in (even though it was released in 1999). If you've never heard it and you're interested in a sample, try Stolen Car or the title track first.

Last week, Ms. Orton released her new disc, Comfort of Strangers. So far, three passive listenings have qualified it as a keeper, but that's saying very little given her status as one of my favorite current artists. I wish I could say more at this point, but adeptly sorting musical first impressions isn't my strongest suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home