metamerist

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A riddle, wrapped inside an enigma...

I like to think it's not easy to sucker me into a television show. Generally, I feel I do a pretty good job of resisting. In the last decade and a half, I've fallen prey to Twin Peaks, Murphy Brown, Northern Exposure, Homefront, Get a Life, Ned & Stacy, Wings, Everybody Loves Raymond, Ally McBeal, Malcolm in the Middle and perhaps a few others. So far, I've managed to avoid Scrubs, West Wing and Six Feet Under, Battlestar Galactica and 24, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time until a DVD sampling turns into a Lost weekend.

As much as I try to avoid TV, there are three shows I currently have trouble resisting*. One of them is ABC's Lost. In the 90s, Twin Peaks was famous for its enigmatic, cryptic nature, but now it seems ABC's Lost is to Twin Peaks what the New York Times crossword puzzle is to Junior Jumble. If you're not confused enough by what J.J. Abrams and Co. are doing with Lost, check out Lostpedia and the Lost Diary and The Lost Experience. Gary Troup's Bad Twin on Amazon? The Hanso Foundation web site?

Anyhow, it really is an addictive show. Very well done.

(*The other two are The Daily Show and The Office)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home