metamerist

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Digital Cameras & GPS

For quite a while, I've been an advocate of ubiquitous GPS support in digital cameras. Recently Josh Trupin decided to roll his own GPS connection to his D200. (Nice job, BTW.) Today, I noticed Sony has a separate GPS specifically designed with digicams in mind. It's not connected as you shoot. It records the spatial and temporal and syncs things up later based on when your photos were shot and where the GPS was when you shot them. For $150 it's tempting, but I'm still pushing for the ideal solution of GPS support in cameras whenever I can. Given how tiny and cheap GPS receivers are getting, I hope their inclusion as standard equipment in digital cameras happens sooner rather than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home