metamerist

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Cranberry

My New Year's Resolution to do more cooking is currently undergoing testing and in the alpha stage. It surprises me when I see so many geeks and engineers passionate about cooking, but then again, it's all about making things, there's a science to it, it can be delicious, and if you're like most Americans, emaciated and desperately trying to gain weight, those extra calories can be a real godsend.

Cranberry Nut Bread

One thing about the holidays is cranberries are abundant; this is good, because the taste of cranberries is one of my favorite things. As as far as it goes, this Cranberry Nut Bread recipe from Epicurious is #1 with me. I just snapped a picture of a fresh batch (above), and it's amazingly delicious, one of the best recipes for anything I've found.

Follow the recipe carefully. It's easy to get a loaf stuck to the bottom of the pan, so buttering the pan well and letting it cool for 15 minutes is critical. I recommend pushing in from each side a little with a spatula before inverting the pan. Also, if you love cranberries, increase the amount of cranberries by 50%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home