metamerist

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More hygiene hypothesis...

In the previous post, I mentioned what's most frequently called the "hygiene hypothesis," which considers the link between autoimmune disorders and antisceptic environments.

Is it possible our children are being raised in environments that are too clean and this is resulting in more asthma, allergies, etc. because underemployed immune systems start wandering around looking for things to attack inside the body?

Here's a link to a more recent Duke study that supports the idea.

On the way to work, it occurred to me this hypothesis provides a golden opportunity for avoiding housework:

"Honey, I'm sorry about the mess. I want you to know it bothers me just as much as you, but try to remember... it's for the kids."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home