metamerist

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Makin' Copy



Now, I'm sure Hamline is a fine university and all, but that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun with the people who write their copy.

The previous billboard boasted graduates could spell "sesquicentennial." (Something I taught to my 7-year-old in a two-minute fit of spite induced by bad copy.)

The target market has apparently moved from glacially slow learners to would-be resumé "embellishers" (aka "liars").

I see a couple of problems with this campaign. Aside from the fact that targeting the dishonest tends to sully one's reputation, I think there's an even more fatal flaw in the thinking. Rather than actually attending Hamline, won't those in the target market simply lie and say they did?

And if they can spell "sesquicentennial" how will they ever get caught? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home