metamerist

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Processbot

I have a proposal for a new word: processbot. I'm surprised I couldn't find any evidence of it in Google. I will try to define it as best I can.

A processbot is a person who blindly follows processes and is thoroughly oblivious the fact that the processes were created to serve a purpose or to help drive results toward some goal. Processbots will unquestioningly follow process beyond the edge of the Earth to the point where the process as a means is clearly severely destructive to its own end. This phenomenon is capable of forcing thinking people into early but comfortable retirements in padded cells. Processbots return a hollow look and a shrug in exchange for the shrill, exasperated scream : "But don't you realize there's a reason why we're doing this?!?!?" Frequent exchanges are a warning sign of a screamer's impending early retirement.

Domo arigato, Mr. Tayloro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home