metamerist

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In the Clouds

When it comes to Scilab (or Matlab), I'm far from being an expert. That probably shouldn't be the case, but this is an area where I have so much of my own code accumulated that I've always wound up either rolling my own solution or plunking away with spreadsheet matrix functions. But I'm learning, and if you'd like to learn Scilab/Matlab too, I'm slowly accumulating simple examples here.

This evening I cranked out a few simple Scilab functions to generate random point clouds that will hopefully provide support for a future post on PCA. They're available on this page along with some very simple functions to plot points and rotate and scale in 2D. If you have no interest in the results generated, they still may be helpful in showing how to create simple functions in Scilab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home