metamerist

Friday, November 16, 2007

Prufrock

A while back, I posted a video interpretation of Robert Frost's Acquainted with the Night. Now I find myself searching YouTube for vids of poems, a multimedia genre I haven't seen anyone really identify or discuss generally (although it's always best to assume someone has), but one for which I'm developing much appreciation.

This time, an animated video of T.S. Eliot's Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock with Eliot as the narrator.



On YouTube, the creator of the animation writes:

"I produced the visuals for this poem by T.S. Eliot in the fall of 2001, during my brief time in the Media program at the University of Lethbridge. 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, an Animated Rendition of T.S. Eliot's Poem' appeared in the 'highlights reel' of the Melbourne International Student Animation Festival, which traveled to select universities across Australia. After receiving feedback on YouTube, I replaced the original narration with T.S. Eliot's voice in this 2007 revision."

link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home